Manipal University College Malaysia (MUCM) is a pioneer in medical education and a major patron of providing doctors and healthcare professionals to the Malaysian Healthcare Structure. MUCM is a private medical school with a trademark of academic excellence and quality of medical education imparted to the student community. Manipal University has a legacy of 68 years of Medical Education Expertise.
Are you excited to be part of this ecosystem? Yes! You can study MBBS in Manipal University Malaysia for 65 lakhs(Special Launch Fee2021). During your tenure of your Study you get access to the world class campus with all the infrastructure and amenities. The University owns a 1000+ bed hospital for the clinical training for the students and makes them ready for the future by providing hands-on practice in their houseman ship semester.
How MUCM was established?
Manipal University College Malaysia (MUCM) was initiated in 1997 as Melaka-Manipal Medical College (MMMC). The founders of MUCM identified the shortage of doctors in Malaysia around that time and productively focused on improving opportunities for Malaysian students to pursue their goals of growing as doctors and healthcare professionals. The national ambition is to make Malaysia a nodal centre for education in that region and it was in par with the vision of MMMC’s charter of offering excellent and economical medical education. This led to the arrangement between Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) and the Medical College in Malaysia which was witnessed by the Prime Ministers of Malaysia and India. The Medical College was originally an Indo-Malaysian association in chartering education and it was among the leaders of non-government medical colleges. During January 2021, MMMC was promoted to University College status which gave birth to Manipal University College Malaysia (MUCM). This body is solely a result of a long-lasting and beneficial arrangement between MMMC and the Malaysian Government in advocating the educational needs of the nation by implementing standard, modest medical education.
USPs of MUCM
MUCM was started as a medical college, catering to dentistry and various other courses since the establishment. MUCM has nurtured over 10,000 skilled doctors around the globe, with its students pursuing their specialization in different fields in the UK, Australia, US, Malaysia etc.. A well-structured, highly competent curriculum is taught by committed faculty members, the place signifies the interaction between clinical science training and basic science. Students are given a chance of experiencing the cadaveric learning sessions. The Cadaveric examining labs present budding students an opportunity to feel the structures of the human body thus enhancing their surgical knowledge. Students are administered with substantial bed- side training and teaching in their course of study, the training is enhanced by the hours spent at the Clinical Skill lab which is a state of art and by gaining practice by examining a large number of patients at the Dental clinic. MUCM has a faculty ratio of 1:6 thus students always have access to the pool of globally skilled faculties and mentors to guide in their preparation for specialization and career destination.
· MCUM is one of the earliest founded and the well-established educational groups in Malaysia which stands out with its 20 years of unbeatable dental & medical educational expertise.
· It has tie-ups with prominent hospitals, healthcare and paramedical centers and it has a hospital with 1000 beds for students to gain their clinical training.
· MCUM is a strong base of Alumni network over 10000 Manipal pass-outs who contribute to the Malaysian healthcare system.
· Assistance form globally experienced professionals who will guide students in their post graduates and career choices.
· The University is situated in Melaka, which is 90minutes away from Kuala Lumpur, where the people treat and include citizens around the globe as their own.
· Clinical experience training can be obtained over 30000 patients at the Dental Clinic.
- Average of 70% in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics
- Higher Secondary Education Documents (10th & 12th or equivalent)
- NEET Qualification Marks
- Should meet all academic requirements to progress into the MBBS/ BDS program in MUCM.
- All grades presented must be from the same exam sitting.
- Min. grade C in Bahasa Malaysia and English
Scholarships will be provided for proficient students in their higher secondary or under graduation.
MCUM is a wide umbrella where so many competent students with high goals become skilled doctors, medical professionals who help many people in sickness and treat them with utmost care and experience gained through their course of study in the school. IMTP education consultants are one of those go to organizations who can guide you to get in there. To know more on its Admission, Application process, Scholarships, Openings get in touch with IMTP.